Thank you for stopping by! My name is Emma and I’m so excited you’ve found your way to my website!
For the past 10+ years, I’ve been on a journey to learn all and everything there is to learn about using essential oils in my day-to-day life.
By using essential oils, I’ve increased my own well-being, and that of my family and friends.
And I thoroughly enjoy the connection to all things natural.
On this website, it is my goal to help you achieve the same in your life (if that is what you wish).
I’ll be sharing my tips, tricks, and all that I’ve learned about essential oils and aromatherapy, with you. I’ve also just re-started my training towards becoming a Certified Aromatherapist.
I also offer unbiased product reviews. I hope these help highlight the best product solutions for all of us to enjoy.
Getting Started with Essential Oils
If you want to explore essential oils more, I invite you to join me on this journey.
Follow my blog, and sign up for my newsletter to get helpful tips right to your inbox (sign-up on the right).
Here’s also a quick step-by-step on how you can get started right away:
- Read a basic introduction about essential oils
- Learn how to use essential oils
- Find an essential oil brand that’s right for you!
- Do you prefer to buy organic? What about the ORGANIC in essential oils?
- Discover essential oil storage tips
- Understand essential oil diffusers better
- Review our top 20 diffuser models under $40 and maybe buy one
Are you Wondering Which Essential Oil Brands I use?
I firmly believe that having a good mix of essential oil brands in your medicine cabinet will not hurt you. Just as with most anything else, there are certainly differences in essential oil quality, production standards and final product outcome between different essential oil companies. I’ve compiled a nice overview of the best essential oil brands for you to check that out.
At the end of the day, what matters to me is that you simply start using essential oils and discover the many therapeutic benefits the essential oils can have for your daily life, home, and family.
I hope you can move towards more well-being in your life with these simple, natural remedies.
Essential Oil Starter Kits
A very easy (and popular) way to get started with essential oils is to purchase an essential oil starter kit as offered by a variety of brands.
Some brands will try to get you to sign-up for membership programs and commit to monthly purchasing.
This is absolutely not necessary. While It’s definitely easy and a good value, it is also a bit too committing right at the start. You may not quite know how aromatherapy fits into your life.
When I first started, I simply ordered a no-strings-attached Edens Garden essential oil set. There was no diffuser included, but it had a lovely variety of 6 different oils that let me experience what aromatherapy is all about.
Essential Oil Diffusers
Diffusing essential oils enhances your environment by filling the room with the particular fragrances of the essential oil or essential oil blend you’re using.
If you’re wondering whether it’s better to use an oil burner or an oil diffuser for aromatherapy, note there is a very important difference between Ultrasonic essential oil diffusers vs. heat diffusers.
Using a heat source, even when used indirectly onto the essential oils, causes the oils to evaporate very quickly and therefore may not be able to maximize the full healing and therapeutic potential of the essential oil. To ensure a gentle approach to diffusing essential oils, use an ultrasonic, nebulizing, or passive type of oil diffuser.
Everyday Favorite Essential Oils
While there are many commonly known benefits and uses of essential oils, there is also a very individual approach to using essential oils in your everyday life and you will definitely find your own favorite scents and uses.
Here’s some oils I love:
- Lavender – The calming, flowery scent is amazing to help you relax or go to sleep. Use it in aromatherapy baths, or put on a diffuser with lavender essential oil scent as you go to sleep. Read more on the Top 10 Lavender Essential Oil Benefits.
- Peppermint – So good for a variety of stomach problems including nausea or morning sickness. Use peppermint essential oil as an after-dinner treat!
- Frankincense – Amazing for anything related to skin care. Use Frankincense essential oil in your unscented lotions, soaps, shower gels or moisturizers! Learn more in this article here on the uses and benefits of Frankincense essential oil.
- Lemongrass – This oil is a powerhouse for anything cleansing or disinfecting. I love this fresh scent and use it regularly in my diffuser to get rid of household odors or pet smells. Here are 13 fun ways to use Lemongrass oil.
- Lemon – Similar to Lemongrass, Lemon essential oil uses are bountiful! Use for cleaning or the flu, but before you put it in your diffuser please read these citrus oil precautions here.
More essential oil favorites are added all the time. Check my essential oils guide for an updated list!
Using Essential Oils for Everyday Ailments
Essential oils can be a powerful addition to your home medicine cabinet. Different oils will do different things, and even for different people. Using essential oils is an individual experience, as much as our bodies are all individual, too. While some oils share general properties and functions, you might have to try out two or three different types of oil until you find the one that is YOUR match.
Read through these articles to help you get started:
- The best essential oils for headaches
- The best essential oils for insomnia
- Top 10 essential oils for skin care
- The best essential oils for snoring
- Using essential oils during cold and flu season
I’d Love to Hear From You
If you have questions, tips or recommendations to share, please get in touch with me. I would love to hear from you!
Enjoy exploring this website, and do not hesitate to drop me a line and get in touch.
To your well-being,